Sunday, August 5, 2007

And more Ideas, and more, and more...



On with the crazyness I say, on with the crazyness! Well, in the scant time since my last post I have thought up a considerable lot more ideas for my force. Starting with the Command HQ squad and working downward


When reading a thread on Work In Progress (an excellent site by the way) I ran across the idea of a man serveant to carry an extra pistol for an officer. Naturally I loved this concept but wanted to take in in a slightly different vein. Instead of an extra dueling pistol my "Bat man" will be carrying a silver tray, with a box of cigars and a cup o' tea! But how will my Senior officer look? Strikingly posed and with one of those nice polices that I always seen Brunel and Mickmican wearing. Now where could I find a model like that I suppose? Above of course(see, hes not just hanging out there because he looks cool)! This Death Korps model was the answer to my prayers! of course, it'll cost me $50 for his squad so I'll be looking for a Kreig player to buy the rest off me, but even if I can't find one, a Tau player (which I also happen to be) will generally pay close to $40 for their HQ so this isn't much more. Of course I'll need to make some adjustments to this model to bring him more in line with the Praetorian style. The gas mask will have to go and I'll need to use a mix of greenstuff and careful shaving to make his armour plate look more like a standerd tunic. But once complete, this guy will make a stunning Officer. And he'll not only be smoking a cigar, he'll also be sharing his base with a four legged friend. Any dog looks a lot more impressive when he's standing on the remains of a dead Ork. Stll this leaves three spaces in my Squad to play around with. A Standerd bearer is practically non optional and as thus will be included, though I have yet to decide how I will convert him, as I don't much care for the stock pose. On the other hand that pose does have its uses and will actually find its way into this squad, with a simple hand rotation and greenstuff scupt of a medical bag, and the replacemnt of the standerd with a strecher that same model will become a medic for my command squad. For the last model I'll have either a master vox operator, converted to be using a morse code type intrument to transmit messages, or a 1st Sergeant modeled to represent one of the most grizzeld individuals in the army and my Senior Officers most trusted advisor. Thats not to say he doesn't have other advisors though. In fact I'm almost certain I'll include Sanctioned Psykers in this army, the models actually fit rather well, and with the appropriate paint scheme should look rather striking. And for their point cost, who could resist? Commisars are a bit more iffy, I have yet to recieve my codex so I can't be sure whether I need one in my HQ squad to take them in Platoon command squads, if I don't then I will take them for all platoons, if I do, well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: