Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ideas Ideas

Well, my head is filling up with conversion ideas, but as of yet, I don't have the models to take those Ideas farther. But, I'll explain some of my evil plans right now anyways. First off, special weapons squad. Most people deepstrike these with meltas or flamers. For me, I'm taking an entirely different approach, my squad will consist of two corporals armed with Elysian Sniper rifles (because I think they look damn cool) One spotter with binoculars, and one Sergeant holding a clipboard tallying kills! I know exactly which bits I'll need, and I know where I can get all of them except the clipboard, I'll need one of those ones from the dwarf cannon sprue so I'll have to ask around at my local Games Workshop.

Also with Elysian weaponry will be my stormtrooper squad. I'll be giving them each the Bullpup lasguns with guitar wire energy hoses to a power pack on the back of the tunic. The helmets will be getting a small horsehair plume and a nice coat of shining gold, also for this unit will be a flamer equipped trooper, fitted with the Cadian flamer rather than the somewhat less desirable 2nd edition models. This will also reflect a general trend in my force, as, while I will keep the Lasguns the same for this army, most units will be updated to 4th edition weapons, (especially heavy weapons, for whom I plan to field almost entirely from the new Cadian weapons. Also, my Storm trooper squad may be receiving gas masks across the board, just on the flamer model, or possibly none at all, I have yet to decide.


I should hopefully get my first squad of Praetorians this month and when I do I will make no alteration with the exception of greenstuffing rank stripes to the sergeant and two corporals, as well as adding another Cadian flamer.

No comments: